Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Guess What, Everybody?

  We did it! Fist bump to all of you, because ALL of us finished our novels on time! Can you believe it? Well, I can! We rock, one and all! Thank you, God!
  And, of course, thank you to all of YOU for your support and pep talks and all that we've been through! Go eat an ice cream cone in celebration! (Or something similarly sweet.)
  And, of course, having won NaNoWriMo, you have earned FIVE free published copies of your novel! So, here's the scoop on that!
  Your deadline is June 30th for getting the whole thing done -- but as we learned last time, waiting till the last minute is a TERRIBLE idea. So, here's what I suggest:
  #1. If you have not finished your rough draft -- meaning you reached your word count, but did not finish your story, like me, then you want that whole thing done by the end of December. I mean it -- last time one particular member of this club (I won't say any names, Tigerr) took December off, and barely finished in time. Get that sucker done as quickly as humanly possible! Don't stop now that NaNoWriMo is over. Keep going, and finish it all!
  #2. Get right to editing it. Go in and fix any plot holes you want to fix. This could take one month or two months, depending on your preferences -- but if you want me to grammar edit for you (which I will totally do, by the way) then you should send me your finished manuscript by, say, March or April. Earlier is better.
  #3. Order the copies well before June 30th. Get to finishing the novel right away, and do your best so you can order the copies long before the deadline. I will help you with cover design and interior design and everything -- just finish your manuscript and send me an email. Really, don't hesitate -- I enjoy doing this, and I want everyone to get their copies.
  Well, that's all. I'd better go work on finishing my novel! (Although I already won, I need to finish. This thing is going to be HUGE.) Fantastic work, all of you, and God bless us, one and all!
  (If it is possible that you have not read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens...go out and read it. Seriously. It's that good.)
-President Fantasy

4 comments:

  1. I'm not even have finished with my novel, but I reached my word count. So if we send it to you will edit just the grammar? Or, the punctuation also?
    And I have a question.. How do you design the covers?
    -Poppy Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can design the cover for you. It's kind of complicated, since you need a good program and you have to manufacture a template. It's nearly impossible to explain via Internet, so if you don't mind I'll do it for you. :)
      And yes, I will edit grammar, spelling, punctuation -- everything in there.
      -President Fantasy

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I will be sending my story to you.. sometime!
    -Poppy Red
    P.S.
    Is it possible if I change my cover to like a sign that says the street name Elm Street? I think that is a better idea for the cover of my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't President Fantasy awesome? Hey, and "you're not mentioning any names?" Right. I'll believe that. NOT. Anyway, I'm so busy I kind of have to take December off. But I'll try to write more. I miss Marianne and Joseph...and Jeremiab and Okto and Zanu and Eliza...I miss them all!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete