Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Story of My Dedication

  I had just a couple other little random things I wanted to say.

  First off (did I mention this in a post?) I'm working on Way Back When once again. I think I did say that, yeah.

  Second off, I thought you'd be interested to hear the dedication for Sunset, Oregon. As some of you know, I had great trouble with a dedication. My original dedication was "To you. You know who you are." But that was mostly because I couldn't think of another one. So my final version was:

  To Calvin, who punched me.

  If you want to know the story behind that, here it is. If you read and finished Sunset, Oregon you know that something very traumatic happens near the end -- something extremely surprising and sad. It involved the death of a character, and it's pretty much the worst character to kill off. So Raistlin (Calvin) was reading this and I walked up behind him to see where he was. He had just finished this very sad part. I said, "Where are you?" before I looked at where he was. He turned around and proceeded to punch me. Then he said, "How DARE you do that?" I found it actually very good that he cared enough about the characters to do that. In fact, it was the best reaction I could have gotten. I thought that the phrasing To Calvin, who punched me was funny and provoked the question "WHY?" so I decided on that when searching my brain for a dedication on Thursday night.

  So that's the story of the dedication. My friends, I bow to you.

-President Fantasy

1 comment:

  1. Nice dedication, President Fantasy...and thanks to Calvin, you have a dedication now!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete