Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Friday, October 19, 2012

NaNoWriMo in...TWELVE DAYS!

  AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Is it really only twelve days left? Has it really been a year already since last NaNoWriMo? This is crazy! We've only got, like, twelve days left! Did I mention that? Oh. Sorry.
  Anyways...
  First I should probably say that if you haven't seen it yet, go onto YouTube and look up "Miracle Episode 1 Breyer". It's the first episode of Miss Templado's Breyer video series, which she is writing and filming and I am producing and editing. Check it out!
  So now, back to business....
  NaNoWriMo!
  Here are some more tips for NaNoWriMo:
  So, once you have your main character (otherwise known as the protagonist), your conflict, your climax, and your resolution (see my previous post "30 Days Left!"), then you are pretty much set. More detail is nice to know, but if you know those four things, you're good to go. Other things you could know are supporting characters (anyone who's not a main character), your antagonist (your bad guy), setting (where the story takes place), and themes. But if you know protagonist, conflict, climax, and resolution, you've got a story. (I do suggest that you have some idea of what your setting, antagonist, and themes are, incidentally.)
  But that's not the point right now! Right now, the POINT is...
  I forgot the point.
  Right! Tips for NaNoWriMo!
  Remember, if you need help during November, this blog is your one-stop place for noveling advice. No question is too crazy to be asked here. Whether you need to freak out because your story is going in the wrong direction, or whether you need to rejoice over a brilliantly written page of dialogue, or whether you need to ask advice on whether pirates or FBI agents are more effective evil henchmen, just ask here -- we're all in this together, so to speak, and ready to help out.
  Also, if you did NaNoWriMo last year, you remember that we each had a separate page for our novels and we uploaded stuff onto the pages as we wrote it. Since then, our formatting has changed somewhat, and the majority of club members can no longer create pages. So this year, if you write more and want to add it to your page, you can just email it to me and I'll upload it directly onto your page. OR, alternately, you could create a post and continually post stuff onto there, and I'll move writing from there onto the page. Or maybe you're my sibling and can just ask me. At any rate, that's how it will work this year. (You'll also notice that I've created new pages for all the novels we'll be writing! If you don't see a page for your novel, it's probably because I don't have a title for your novel yet. As soon as you tell me, I'll make you a page.)
  So...that's all! Have fun, valete, kairete, and vote 4 Romney! :)
-President Fantasy

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I don't have my climax. Help! My conflict: the war, duh. My main character: Marianne. Resolution: the dragon is killed, the warring kingdoms stop fighting and Marianne and Joseph form an alliance through marriage. (Not just for politics, of course.) But my climax: nothing! Help!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete