Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

You May Want to Keep Reading...

  ...even if you were bored by the first six words of this post (that is, the title), because there are some interesting announcements in it, including the winner of the first-ever BLOGGY AWARD, and another special announcement.
  (I wrote Bloggy Award in big letters, so that anyone who was tempted not to read this post would definitely read it.)
  Okay. So, about the Bloggy Award...
  On second thought, let's wait a minute. Build up suspense.
  Well, so first off, the second post of the Back Door Conspiracy, by Nathan T. Dalton, is now released! Hmm...the mystery is thickening. Who is this guy, and why does Nathan "get the feeling" that this complete stranger knows him?
  And second off, I thought I heard from Miss Templado earlier in the month that there would be something interesting going on in January -- namely, a dressage show. I never heard anything about that, so did that actually happen? And if it did, how did it go?
  I would also like to commemorate the performance of Macbeth by certain members of this club (Tiger, Dreamer, Raistlin, and I). I have nothing else to say about it. I just want to commemorate it.
  And now, I think it's time to reveal the winner of the January 2012 Bloggy Award!
  Firstly, I will say that this was a very difficult decision -- not only because there was a post this month called "I Heart President Fantasy," but because several posts made me laugh out loud.
  Well, I'll tell you what post did not win. What did not win was the post "This is Stupid but it is Cool!" And none of my posts won, obviously because I could not award myself the Bloggy Award. That would be a total rip-off. And if I award it to myself, the next person might award themselves the award. I have to set an example.
  Anyway, I'm sure you're all like, "Why are you rambling? Just get to the point!" (Said exactly like Kevin McCreary.) And so therefore, I will tell you the winner.
  In the end, I simply couldn't imagine any other post other than this one winning, due to the uproar it caused. So without further ado, I shall announce the winner of the January 2012 Bloggy Award to be...
  Mrs. Nelson, for "The Hack Job!"
  Now, I am well aware as to the fact that Mrs. Nelson is not, in fact, a club member. But she won, so all honors of the first Bloggy Award winner go to her, including the trophy and the privilege of choosing next month's Bloggy Award winner. I am not advocating hacking onto this blog, to anyone who might want to replicate this, and if anyone decides to re-do this whole thing, they will not be awarded the Bloggy Award for it. But this time, "The Hack Job" has won...so congratulations to Mrs. Nelson!
  (I never thought I'd say that on this blog.)
  Here are a couple of honorable mentions that I did consider:
  "Hey! Whatsup? and.. KEVIN MCCREARY-READ THIS POST!"
  "Hello look at this peeps"
  "I heart President Fantasy!!!"
  Well, there you have it. I will award the official trophy to Mrs. Nelson sometime soon. And for now...good morning, good afternoon, and good evening!
  If you meet Phil on a dark road...
  Oh, right, I can't say that anymore!
  Well...
  How about this?
  Don't trust Farron if you meet him on a dark road!
  Hmm...I'll think on it.
  'Bye, all!
-President Fantasy
P.S. So you don't have any excuses...here's the BDC link: www.backdoorconspiracy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment