Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Raistlin Writes a Chapter!!!

  Guess what? Raistlin finished Chapter 4!!! Here it is, and soon, I will write Chapter 5!

Chapter 4
"Have You Ever Heard of the Starfall Syndrome?"
            This was as far as Flicker Peterson got.
            I mean in writing the story. He lived quite a bit longer. I, however, shall not drop off in the middle, but shall continue on to the end.
            I won't explain how I came upon this story, or the extraordinary events that led to it. I won't explain how in the middle of the night, I found a cell phone on my doorstep, or how I searched for clues to who gave me the phone, and came across the text messages that led to my researching the strange story that will unfold. I will not explain any of these things.
            Enter your narrator.
            Who am I? Your narrator, of course.
            So. Let us begin where Flicker left off, shall we?
            Flicker approached the warehouse with caution, for he did not trust Notch. Notch opened the door, and walked inside.
            Hope said, “Come on, Flicker! There’s nothing to worry about.”
            Flicker followed Hope inside. He gasped. The room was gigantic! There were dozens of inventions, whirring and beeping and buzzing and surging with power. Two of them were Tesla coils, the electricity passing between them like spider webs. There was a table with chemicals that bubbled and hissed and generally made a lot of noise. In the middle there was a chemical that did not bubble or hiss, but stayed unnaturally still -- even without ripples.
            “Have you ever heard of the Starfall Syndrome?”
            Flicker whirled around to face Notch, standing there with a calculating expression, his hands behind his back.
            “Mr. Notch?” Hope said nervously, glancing from Notch to Flicker.
            “Hope, go do your math.” Hope left the room, looking back at Notch over her shoulder.
            “As I said…Have you ever heard of the Starfall Syndrome?”
            “No…” Flicker said slowly. He had a sense of forboding.
            “It’s a highly potent virus which, when injected into your bloodstream, kills you within the hour.” While Notch spoke, he picked up a vial from the table -- the one that made no noise -- and poured it into a shot needle.
            “And?”
            “Have you ever heard of a woman named Simile?”
            “No,” Flicker replied, glancing sideways at the door.
            “She has not approached you in any way, shape, or form? A text message, for example?” Notch asked.
            “No! That was you, not Simile! What did you mean by ‘Don’t do it’, anyway?”
            “She will approach you, and if you do not turn her away, I will inject you with the Starfall Syndrome.”   
  That's it. HA HA HA HA!!! Now I FINALLY get to write my chapter!!!
  Wait...Unless Tonks claims her right to write the next chapter. I'll have to talk to her first. 
  Oh well.
  Over and out. 
-President Fantasy
P.S. By the way, this is like my first post when I didn't mention The Ceiling Fan or Adventures in Odyssey!!! Oh, wait...I just did.

2 comments:

  1. Notch is SCARY as President Fantasy has said many times, so yeah,I can't talk today this is me trying to type without correcting anything: But I"m so hapy that thelofsd of the pencil- ok I'm stoping doing that! Good-bye every one!
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Raistlin, that was really great! I loved all the descriptions of the sounds, and sights. And how Notch was really creepy. Keep it up!


    President Fantasy, I am so excited for your chapter. Oh, and I don't think you could have a post without mentioning AIO. I mean this as a compliment! You are so devoted, I don't think that is possible. Am I over-explaining this?
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete