Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trial of the Century!

Just a quick reminder: The infamous "Murtagh on Trial" will be taking place this Sunday, with Horse Love prosecuting, yours truly defending, Raistlin as the judge, Dreamer the jury, and Tiger the bailiff. The official charge is that Murtagh is a traitor to the Varden. I've written down below your separate roles:

PROSECUTOR (Horse Love): Your duty is to convince the judge and jury that Murtagh is guilty of the charges (he is a traitor to the Varden). You may call witnesses to support your case (that is, quote characters from the book) and give all the examples and reasons you can think of.

DEFENSE (President Fantasy): My job is to convince the judge and jury that Murtagh is innocent of the charges against him. I can attack Horse Love's argument all I want, but I am NOT allowed to attack her directly. (This goes for her too. For example, if I started saying that Horse Love had barely ever read the book, and that she doesn't know anything, and why should we listen to her anyway, then that would be attacking her character, not her argument, and she could object, or the bailiff could step in.)

JUDGE (Raistlin): He asks questions and in general tries to get to the bottom of things. He also decides whether to pass or stop an objection. Like, if Horse Love said something that I found to be irrelevant and uncalled for, then I could call "Objection!" The judge would call on me, I would state my objection, and he would either say "Sustained" (You're right. Horse Love, don't say stuff like that again), or "Overruled" (Shut up, Fantasy, you're bonkers).

JURY (Dreamer): She passes a verdict: Guilty or not guilty, at the very end.

BAILIFF (Tiger): Last but not least, the bailiff keeps the prosecution and defense from being at each other's throats. Also, she protects the books by making sure nobody says something untrue about the book.

That's it. Also, the Evergreen State Fair is tomorrow. All people who come before 1:00 in the afternoon get in free, so, Tiger and Horse Love...that's a possibility, if you like the idea. Tell your parents. After one, though...it isn't free. And the rides certainly aren't.
I'm still writing Chapter 5, but I do have a title: "Hey There, Shorty".
Hmm...
And Episode 42 Part 1 is out! Go Kevin!
Don't trust Phil if you meet him on a dark road.
Or any road, for that matter.
-President Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment