Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Script Frenzy

  Okay, so I have a confirmation from Dreamer and a tentative yes from Tiger (not on the blog -- through one of our countless other methods of communication) on doing Script Frenzy. I also know that Katie Penry of NaNoWriMo fame is thinking about trying it. And the way that the contest works, partnerships can work across the country. So if all four of us do it, we can divide into two pairs.
  Anyway, we need to figure this out soon, because plots must be decided before April. So we only have Tiger, Dreamer, and I, I'll work by myself (or some other group of three -- I'm definitely doing it), but if we have four, we'll figure out partnerships then.
  Now, I'll tell you a bit more about Script Frenzy. Instead of a word count, you have a page count -- the goal is to get to 100 pages before the end of the month, or whatever goal you've set. Getting to 100 pages is not actually that hard, since when writing a script, writing tends to be more spaced out than other types of writing. Unlike NaNoWriMo, you can work as partners who both upload pages onto a common script page (I don't know exactly how that works yet.) The script can be a screenplay (a movie script), a stage play, or a comic book script. (They write scripts too, you know!) Personally, I think it might be fun to do like a Shakespeare type play. Or maybe not.
  I'll talk to Tiger again, and we'll figure this out. Au revoir! (Meaning literally in French, "Until we meet again.")
-President Fantasy
P.S. Right, I almost forgot -- if you want to make an account now, you can click on this link to go to ywp.scriptfrenzy.org

1 comment:

  1. If I have a partner, I will for sure do Script Frenzy! and I would like too do more of a play sort of thing. So excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete