Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Short Story....

Hello y'all Im back and better then ever! Templado here and I have some news...... I am writing a story for the short story contest. Its about... well... just go read it!


                                       ~One Hoof Away~

 .... My heart pounded inside my chest, my breath hot on my skin. The icy November air grabbed all the warmth inside me yet I did not reach for my coat. " Come on Grand you can do it" I said to myself as I grabbed the horses mane before me. The horse I sat atop leaped to a canter and headed toward the towering jump layed atop the frozen arena footing.

The bay horse strided toward the jump and lifted herself off the ground. A strange feeling swept inside me as both I and the horse sailed over the jump.
" remember Emma lean back on the landing and let Grand do her job."  Both the horse and I came thudding to the ground yet despite the harsh landing I still sat in the saddle.
" Hello?" cried a small meager voice. At the far end of the arena stood a dark haired, fair skined boy. The boy had baby blue eyes and a ragged red T-shirt with a picture of a stag on it. Atop his coco brown hair layed a fadded cowboy hat that was far to big for his head.
"Come on inside the arena!" I said as I slowly pulled Grand to a halt. "Who in the world is that?" I thought to myself and I dimounted the equine and undid her girth to the last hole...........

                                Thats all for now yall but there will be more!

                                                        -Templado
                       

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...intrigued am I! Who is the owner of the "meager voice"? And would the full name of this horse just so happen to be Grand Affair? And why is the story called One Hoof Away? (Reminds me of Come Fly Away.)
    Good goin', Miss T! I'll be interested to see what else you come up with. I know it'll be horsey, coming from you.
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete