Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Monday, October 24, 2011

"I'm Excited! Are You Excited? We Should Be Excited Together, in an Excited Party Type...Thing"

  ...to quote Garrett Vandenberg.
  It's been a few days, so I thought I would give an update on all things LOTP.
  National Novel Writing Month is only a little over a week away, and I may just die of anticipation!!! I really enjoy the idea of my novel so far. (Here's a hint: You're technically not allowed to begin your novel, but you could do the first few sentences, 'cause it says you can in the notebook. And if you feel like it, you could write a scene from way later in your novel in the name of "outlining". Like, a scene from your climax, or a scene with your main character, and tell everyone you did it just to figure out this character, or decide how this was going to work. Just to keep yourself alive.)
  You can post on the blog any time if you're stuck.

  Here are a couple example post titles that will probably appear sometime during the month:
  "HELP! I'm 20,000 words behind!!!"
  "What do I do with my stupid main character?"
  "My villain won't do anything I tell him to!"
  "Why won't Jack stop eating cookies?"
  "I hate my main character"
  "I think I'll just have Dr. Regis Blackgaard show up."
  "Or maybe Harry Potter"

  Yeah, these all figure. I'll probably write every single one of those during the month. My characters have a knack at disobeying my orders. Like when I wrote Way Back When, got to the end, and realized that Ramcol had fallen in love with Rea behind my back and there was nothing I could do about it.
  Also, I talked to my mum about the idea of the "All-Nighter" not-sleepover and she said it was a great idea! So now we have to set a date, make sure it's all right with my dad and with Tiger and Miss Templado's parents, and ta-da!!! We have a brilliant stay-up-all-night-part-NaNoWriMo-novel-finishing-thing!
  I'll have to work on that title.
  Also, I'll have to post the character questionnaire for my main character on here sometime. And you should take a good look around the website, and check back on it every day during NaNoWriMo. It's very important to keep your spirits up.
  Check back with the blog, too. And as Inheritance, NaNoWriMo, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christopher Paolini, and a Halloween Special from TCF (What can I say?) approach, we realize that God really is awesome for giving us all this cool stuff in November. I think it's a way of making my 13th year go out with a bang and a blaze of glory.
-President Fantasy
"Special people come from Sunset. Surprising people. People that you'd never expect to be brilliant until the bomb drops, the realization hits, and you find that you are totally at their mercy, and cannot do a thing about it." -Falden Jones, Sunset, Oregon

2 comments:

  1. Whoa... THAT WAS SO TOTALLY AWESOME! To quote from Crush in Finding Nemo. Sorry, I know-that is a movie not a book, but it matched this post to a tee. All the awesomeness of the post away, I really think that this blog is a great thing. Not just to communicate with other members, but to get the Christian word out to the other people seeing this blog. You know, little comments like," God has blessed us", might help God's word spread. Go blog, go November and go God! Smiley face: :]
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete