Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thought You Might Be Interested

I learned something rather interesting recently, and I thought you might be interested. (Hence the post title.)
  There's something called National Novel Writing Month. It's in November. Any people who like to write sit down and write the rough draft (NOT a final copy) in a month. December is editing month, where you edit it. Anyway, I decided to do it, and I wondered if any of you fine club members might have fun joining me.
  May I remind you, it's simply writing a novel -- and you can win prizes. It's a rough draft, so obviously, it won't be perfect. You EDIT in December.
  Here's a picture:
    NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month. Here's the link: National Novel Writing Month Website. Be sure to check it out, and see if it looks fun.
  All for now! (Wish me luck...as we get closer to November, Inheritance, and National Novel Writing Month!
-President Fantasy
P.S. If this doesn't sound fun to you or you don't want to do it, that's totally cool with me. I really don't care. I just thought I'd throw it out there since I am doing it, I would like encouragement and support, and I thought you all might possibly be interested. If you really think it sounds about as much fun as sticking your head in a jar full of spiders (hi, Tiger), there's no need to apologize.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in there, President Fantasy. That does sound fun! I have two questions, however: 1. Who is giving out the prizes? :] 2. Is a novel the entire story? [I am thinking it is, only... that sounds like load of hard work! I don't think I could do all that! But of course, with Lords of the Pencil, I can do ANYTHING! :]
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's this little non-profit organization called...something. See the website for details.
    Yes, a novel is the ENTIRE story. 50,000 words. And with Lords of the Pencil, you can indeed do anything -- if you put your mind to it.
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete