Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I, President Fantasy, Have Something to Say

I don't know what I'm going to say. Just that I'm going to say something.
I kid, I kid. In fact, I'm going to show you a poem. Here's the context for the poem (a little excerpt from A Compendium of Astian History):
"Of the poems in Astian history, one of the most famous ones is The Call of Astia. This poem is actually anonymous. All we know is that it was written by an Aftur exile. In fact, this is debatable; while most people claim that it was written by an exile from Astia, others claim it was written within Astia's borders, by various candidates, which include the famous Ramcol Brown. But as the poem refers to the writer losing Astia, this is probably an exile. It could be Ramcol, but actually, any poem that has any reference to losing anything, someone claims it is written by Ramcol about Rea the elf. We have no proof for that, but as it is an anonymous poem, we will never know. Astians are continually touched by this old poem. It gives them pity for exiles, and shows that even they have remorse. Here is the poem in its entirety:

Against the odds, I missed the call;
I lost my life, I took the fall;
And through the years, I’ve realized;
Without you near, my life has died.

I’ll never make this slip again;
I’ve lost the world of other men.
I lost Astia, lost my heart;
Lost ev’ry single noble part.

Perhaps I don’t deserve a place,
In Aftur, the end of the race;
Sent away, and yet now I know
The glory of Astia’s glow.

Against the odds, I missed the call;
I lost my life, I took the fall;
And I will never forget the call:
Forgive me, precious, for my fall."

All for now. But, in the words of Dr. Regis Blackgaard, "You haven't seen the last of me...not by a long shot."
-President Fantasy
Whit, Eugene, and Connie
What? You didn't think you'd get away without your daily dose of Odyssey, did you?

2 comments:

  1. No, I should have known I couldn't get away with out my daily dost of Odyssey. I still need to listen to the ones you gave me to borrow. And about the poem... you are going to surprise me almost every day, I can tell you. That poem was genuis.[And a tad bit romantic. MEOW!]
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete