Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

7 Days In!

  Hello, hello! 7 days into NaNoWriMo, and the epic Lords of the Pencil members are still going strong! Let's hear a "Woot, woot!" for the LOTP writing club!
  (Pausing as club members all over the world give their "Woot, woot"s.)
  Now, a couple of announcements. Miss Templado, just in case you hadn't noticed, I've created a tab for you and your story, "Show Stopper". To edit it, just make sure you're signed in, click on the "Show Stopper" tab (near the top with the other tabs, called stuff like "Sunset, Oregon" and "Pink Clouds and Golden Skies"), and click on the pencil icon below the page. Then, just delete my text and copy/paste your own! (Ask Tiger if you aren't entirely sure how to go about it, or go to my post called "Question Your Characters" to see a detailed explanation near the beginning on how to do it.)
  I would suggest that everyone go take a look at my Sunset, Oregon tab and read the new stuff from my story. It contains some interesting revelations about Falden Jones, Robert Fallen, Tal Morgan, and (as always) the twisting trails of the ever illogical Cricket Allen! (Woot, woot!)
  And I would like to ask everyone's opinion on this. Please, give me your suggestions, if you will. I need to harness the support of the LOTP team!
  Here's the deal: The flashbacks are some of the most important and interesting sections of the novel, and they're certainly fun to write. Question is, how much have I revealed during these sections? I have such a detailed description in my head of what's going on, but the trouble is, I don't how much I've concretely revealed. SO if you don't mind, please go to Sunset, Oregon, read the flashbacks (they're all in bold, so that should make it easier) and tell me what's basically happened. (Such as: Robert Fallen was blah blah blah, and Falden Jones so and so'ed, and stuff like that). Only more detailed.
  Woot, woot!
-President Fantasy
"Tadpole Media Yearly Update karate chop -- HWAAAAAAAA!!!!" -Kevin McCreary
 

11 comments:

  1. No one's commented.
    Oh, sob...oh, cry...
    I must comment on my own post. OOPS! I mean, this is NOT President Fantasy!
    This is...Kevin McCreary!
    President Fantasy, I think Sunset, Oregon is amazing. It's a great story. I might end up mentioning it in the next Ceiling Fan episode.
    -Kevin McCreary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello President Fantasy I hope I got that right I really like your story it's very action filled and so funny I love it oh and I think I've heard of the ceiling fan go Kevin see you later
    P.S. I wooted when it said to woot.
    -Christopher Paolini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow people! How is the Cieling Fan going, Kevin? Christopher, is the Inheritance Cycle going to end? Because if you were serious about that, you're going to need to write a new book series... I love the one you have out now! Oh, and speaking of books, I am really enjoying Sunset Oregon. What a lovely, mysterious novel! So exciting!
    -J.K. Rowling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, J.K., Christopher, and Kevin! How's everything going? I agree: I am enjoying Sunset, Oregon a great deal. It's a clever idea.
    Good job, LOTP gang! I love your blog! Great going, Tiger and Dreamer! Your novels are really cool. Keep it up!
    -Rick Riordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is going good, thank you. I have to agree with Rick: this blog is fantastic. All the novels are so interesting! Three woots for this blog! Woot woot! Woot woot! Woot woot!
    -J.K. Rowling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this blog is amazingly set up and so clever about the tabs it's so cool.
    -Peter Lerangis

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the first flashback, there are two kids one keeps on saying "It wasn't my fault." And the older one keeps like saying "Is he no he couldn't be I don't know. And then the older voice says "you've got to go and you don't exist." That was a summary of the entire flash back.
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is this first flashback?
    -J.K. Rowling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I met with President Fantasy and she told me. Ignore that last question.
    -J.K. Rowling

    ReplyDelete