Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Quick Post Before I Write

  Yes, once again, the Velvet Fog of the LOTP Blog is haunting the blog when she should be writing. I know, I know...I just wanted to congratulate Tiger on a fantastic story up on the blog so far (I LOVE Jeremiab Smith. I might end up obsessing over him) and to say, well, here I go to write more of Sunset, Oregon! Speaking of which, there's more on the blog from the last time...Just one chapter.
  Oh yes, and we are leaving at 11:00 this morning? But we will be back sometime in the afternoon, so just keep checking back at our house if we are not here.
  As Jeremiab Smith says, "In I go!"
-President Fantasy

3 comments:

  1. You quoted my character... I must have done something right, because you like him! Yeah! Hey... I have a very important question to ask you. Do you think that the things in my story are too much like Percy Jackson? Please answer with a yes or no, and please answer honestly! If my story needs to be fixed, I must fix it! Thanks!
    -Tiger
    P.S. This question goes out to everyone. If you would like to answer, please do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my official honest presidential opinion:
    I say that your style is very similar to Percy Jackson. But you know what? That's okay. Because there is nothing new under the sun (old saying). Much of my style comes from various mixtures of books I have read, including "The Tale of Despereaux", "A Series of Unfortunate Events", and the Harry Potter books. Truthfully, "The Tale of Despereaux" probably influenced me the most in my style. But the point is that it is difficult to come up with a new style for yourself, and since you're cranking this novel out in thirty days, I actually think it's great that you "borrowed" Rick Riordan's writing style. It has its own unique twists, and I actually think it's more like Percy Jackson increased a notch or two. (Ha ha! A notch or two! Get it? Notch? Funny, right? No? Never mind, then.) Anyway, I think your style is essentially Percy Jackson amped up a whole lot.
    Now, the storyline itself has a few similarities, but I would not worry about these. In general, these similarities have a lot to do with the style itself. Just don't sweat it, and keep going. If it bothers you too much personally, then at the end of the story, you can go back and change some stuff. After all, that is what editing month (December) is for!!!
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otherwise known as the Velvet Fog of the LOTP Blog.
    -The Velvet Fog of the LOTP Blog

    ReplyDelete