Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Best Feeling in the World

  Right now, it is midnight on Friday night. I've stayed up late writing, and it gives me great pleasure to say, with a tired -- yet still energetic -- little "Woot, woot!" that I have just written the words "THE END" at the end of Sunset, Oregon. That is correct: 16 days after the end of November, I have finished my rough draft of Sunset, Oregon with a total word count of 70,191 words.
  So, for all those who have not yet begun Sunset, now would be a good time to read it, since there will be no cliffhangers. (Except for the end, which is a cliffhanger in itself.) For those who have not yet finished it, now would be a good time to finish it.
  I will have a bit of a survey for those who complete the whole story that will help me a lot in revising it, so be on the lookout for that as well.
  Tomorrow, I know I'll wake up feeling fantastic that I've finished -- and it will be the best feeling in the world. But right now, I feel like Jade on Detract: I have a slight headache; I am drowsy, dizzy, and feel like everything's just a little bit fuzzy, foggy, and fizzy. (Yet even at midnight on Friday night, I manage to make a multitude of alliteration. This is what comes of so much writing.)
  Well, my dear Sembers: I thank you, one and all, for helping and encouraging me while writing this story. I'm far from done -- since I now have Evermore to write -- and I still have to revise it, which will take just as long, if not longer, as writing the rough draft, but finishing the first draft is half the battle, right? Right.
  And to quote from the conductor in The Polar Express, since I cannot come up with anything to say myself: "Sometimes, seeing is believing; and sometimes the most real things in the world are the things you can't see."
  What does that have to do with finishing Sunset, Oregon?
  Ask me in the morning. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
-President Fantasy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment