Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Coo Coo Kachoo, and Whoo-Hoo to You!

  ATTENTION! COMMENT PLEASE!
  It's December 22nd, and you all know what that means...Christmas is only a couple of days away! Hence the rather strange title of the post. I felt that I needed a festive, celebratory title. I take titles very seriously, Sember dears.
  Anyway...On to the first bit of business.
  Tiger! (Yes, you are my first victim.) I have a few questions/comments about the answers you gave in my survey!
  First off, I thank you sincerely for taking the time and trouble to fill it out. I appreciate it, I really do.
  That being said...I had a couple of questions and points of confusion in the answers that I would like to straighten out for my novel revisions.
  Question 1: On a few questions, you said "I don't know...I have to think." Do you mean that you're going to fill out those questions again? Or you're just going to muse for a few years? Or that you intend to never answer them at all? If you could post your thoughts, that would be helpful. Thank you!
  Question 2: About what confused you...Okay, so the plan. And the overall problem of the story. That would make sense. Just to be totally clear on this, I would like you, Tiger, to tell me what you believe the conflict (problem) to be. (Hint: Think of what you think could be the climax, or the moment when the problem is solved, and then figure out what problem is solved in the climax.) Otherwise, you said that "the entire book in general" confused you. Ah...I apologize, Tiger, but I don't quite understand that. Do you mean that you left the book with no clue what you had just read? Or am I looking too far into it, and you just mean that you couldn't explain the general plot to someone?
  Question 3: I have to ask...Why did you find the scenes with the four-year-old Robert so "touching"? What "touched" you about them?
  Question 4: Again, I apologize, but on the question about the most unpredictable plot point of the book, you answered: "The Cricket thing, and the Falden twist". Tiger, I cannot comprehend this answer. What is "the Cricket thing and the Falden twist"? I value your opinion, but this is impossible. Please tell me what you are talking about.
  Question 5: Clarify, please, on the question about the most predictable plot point. Was it Tal "going good", as you put it, or not?
  Question 6: There was one question that I neglected to put in an Answer: thing in, so if you wouldn't mind, please answer the question here:
  Question: What did you feel like was abandoned in the book? (Here is an example of a possible answer: In the first half it talked about Cricket falling down all the time, and in the second half it stops completely. Stuff like that.)
  Question 7: For the question What are you most interested to find out about in Evermore, and why?, you forgot the why. Sorry, that's just very important.
  Question 8: Also, in the "least interested to find out..." thing, the why was also left out. Again, I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
  That's all with that, Tiger. I really want to be able to adequately revise the book, and I knew I would have to come after most everybody for some form of clarification. 
  Actually...If you want to, and can post the answers to all my questions in a comment, that's just fine. But it might be easier for me just to ask the survey questions -- and others -- in a sort of interview, like I did with Way Back When. How does that sound?
  Next order of business. 
  Tiger...Tomorrow is Friday. You leave on Saturday. Please, please, please, for the love of humanity -- scratch that, for the love of me, Tiger -- if you love me, please come over tomorrow to film The Email so that I don't freak out over Christmas! Thank you!
  And hey, Miss Templado...Written anything with Lepidus and Nora recently? *Wink, wink*
  I believe that's all for now. I might have some of Evermore sometime soon, as I said before...That's about it.
  Except for one question. Sember dears (all those who have read Sunset, Oregon, that is, if you have not, you are disqualified from answering this question). Could you quite honestly tell me whether you actually like Sunset, Oregon? Be perfectly honest here. Like, if you picked this book off the shelf in the library without knowing the author, and read it, would you recommend it to anybody
   After reading some survey answers (yes, I must confess, Tiger, your answer that "the book in general" confused you shook me up a little bit) I need some reassurance (or possibly answers that will cast me into despair). At any rate, please answer honestly.
  So...Here is The Takeaway: (Otherwise known as What to Comment On)
  1. Tiger, please answer my questions! (Or come over early tomorrow so I can interview you.)
  2. Again, for Tiger: If you could come over tomorrow and film The Email, I would be eternally grateful.
  3. For all those who have read Sunset, Oregon: Please comment and tell me whether you actually like Sunset, Oregon. Honestly, please.
-President Fantasy

2 comments:

  1. For you President Fantasy, I will try and make a long comment. 1st: The book in general was hard to understand some times (plot-wise) because it was so complex. I had to process some of it, but I still had to think. Which is good, but I also want to get it right away. But then again, I was like trying to get the big stuff because my eyes were glued to the computer. Sorry!
    I have already come over to viedo tape.
    Where you said about liking Sunset, Oregon, I paused. I did like it in some aspects, but it was a little dark for me. I mean, the attempted murder was scary, the Falden twist at the end (where he was a different person than I thought he was. I thought he was very loving!) I would recommend it to people, but I would warn them that it is not for the faint of heart. I still loved the humor, and the amazing characters.
    I will try to answer the questions I said that I didn't know tomorrow because I am leaving for bed right now. I am sorry, but I have to go. Good night, Merry Christmas and may God bless you!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete