Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Something is Rotten in the State of Denmark

  ATTENTION! COMMENT PLEASE! Quick tally: On the poll of who is your favorite character, I voted for Robert, and so did Tiger. Trin voted for Smuggy, and Raistlin voted for Tal. But there are three votes for Cricket, and I'm not sure who voted for him...Miss Templado, did you vote for Cricket? And maybe Katie (Katie Penry of NaNoWriMo fame) voted for him too. But even if both of you voted for Cricket (which I sort of doubt) then that still leaves one vote unaccounted for. AND there's the same number of votes on Dreamer's poll!
  Sembers...I think that we may have a lurker about. (Someone who reads but does not post.)
  Second order of business. Since people make posts all the time on this blog, some official, some unofficial, and everywhere in between, it's difficult to know when to comment, or whether you need to comment. So from now on, if you have a post where you would like everyone to comment after they have read it, write "ATTENTION! COMMENT PLEASE!" at the beginning of your post in capital letters.
  The correct times in which to do this are A) when you need to know whether or not people have read your post, B) when you really need an answer or help on something, and you know of no other way to be assured that everyone will actually give you a straight answer, or C) when you simply want to know that everybody is still there.
  If a post has the "ATTENTION!" line at the beginning (like with this post), and you have not commented, it will be assumed that you have not read the post. So if you see that little blurb, then you should comment. If the post does not specify what to comment about, you can just write "I read the post. -President Fantasy". But if the post specifically says what to comment about. I.e. "I need help! Please tell me whether my story is boring or not!". Then, either actually answer the question, or say when you will. E.g. "I am doing school right now, but I will answer your question when I have time. -President Fantasy"
  I hope this has all made sense. So now...
  The Takeaway:
  1. Please inform me, Miss Templado, whether or not you voted for Cricket on the poll. And if anyone else has clues to this mystery, please tell me!
  2. If you see a post with "ATTENTION! COMMENT PLEASE!" at the beginning, comment as soon as you read the post. If you want people to comment on a post for whatever reason, then write that IN CAPITAL LETTERS at the beginning of your post.
  That's all! See you on the other side of the glass.
-President Fantasy

7 comments:

  1. I have read this post, and I am sorry that I didn't comment sooner. I had already started my comment, but I hit the back button by accident. Woops! Anyway, I am now commenting, so I suppose that most everything is alright. Ciao!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Most everything is now all right.
    But Tiger, you ruined my fantastic post idea! Well, I guess I'll make it anyway...it might still work.
    -President Fantasy
    P.S. By the way, don't ever use the word "Ciao" ever again. It's my least favorite word and I hate it. (Just kidding. Sort of. You can use it, anyway.)
    (Just not around me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this post for the first time, and I am commenting. Okay I did not get the A, thing the B, thing or the C, thing what did that stuff mean? Can you please answer? Please?
    -Dreamer
    P.S. What does sembers stand for? Oh and I was one of those "Lurkers" on the blog. I voted for Cricket once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. You put your name twice at the end of your post.
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, look back. I didn't. One time, I wrote it "-President Fantasy" as part of an example comment. That was not the real name for the end of the post.
    And I don't understand your question about the A thing, B thing, and C thing. Could you maybe elaborate?
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It says exactly:The correct times in which to do this are A) when you need to know whether or not people have read your post, B) when you really need an answer or help on something, and you know of no other way to be assured that everyone will actually give you a straight answer, or C) when you simply want to know that everybody is still there. And I don't get it.
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete