Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Monday, December 19, 2011

Waddup, Everybody?

  Hey! How's it goin'? It's been forever since I've seen everybody!
  Actually...I'm not totally sarcastic there. Really, Miss Templado, it has been a while, since I don't think I saw you on Tuesday for dancing.
  Well, my purposes for writing this post are dual: One, to ask Tiger if she would come over on Monday as soon as she possibly can to film the music video (if not, then we'll have to go Wednesday...Unless you leave for skiing on Wednesday, in which case you have to come over as soon as you come back -- next Monday, if I am not terribly mistaken -- and film that).
  Now for Purpose #2:
  To write -- oops, I mean, upload -- my survey for Sunset, Oregon. This is my request: If you have finished reading Sunset, then please copy/paste this survey into a new post and fill out the answers to the questions.
  Guidelines for making your answers helpful to the author: When you can, please be as specific as possible. When you state an opinion of yours (for example, if you say "Cricket is dumb,") please give a reason for it (like, "Cricket is dumb because he always does the Chicken Dance every other scene"). Don't knock yourself out over this, though. Also, when you can, try to answer as thoroughly as possible. If you are not clear, then the author (me) will have to check back with you for clarification, and we don't want to have to have a lot of confusion over exactly what you meant.
  For example: If you write this answer to the question...
  Question: What were you confused about in the book? 
  Answer: Well, I wasn't sure about what was going on with Cricket. Also, a lot of the stuff with Tal didn't really make much sense, and I didn't get the whole thing with Amarilda. 
  This is not a helpful response, since I can't really make any changes based on that. Just ask yourself: "How will she change the book based on this answer?" or "If someone gave me this answer about my book, would I understand it?" If you don't know, I probably will not understand the answer, and we'll have to have a talk about the answer. Because believe me, both you and I know that if I don't understand an answer, I will go after you for the meaning behind it, and you don't want me to have to bug you for a few days.
  All right, enough of my rambling. Here's the survey:
 
  Characters
  Question: Who was your favorite character, and why?
  Answer:
  Question: Who was your least favorite character, and why? 
  Answer:
  Question: What character did you find the most relatable, and why? That is, what character did you find yourself thinking, "Wow, I've felt like that before!" about?
  Answer:
  Question: What character did you find the most unassuming -- that is, what character just sort of blew over your head, and why?
  Answer: 
  Question: What other comments or questions do you have about any characters in Sunset, Oregon?
  Answer:
  The Plot
  Question: What confused you, and why do you think it confused you? (This question is very important. Please take the time to write out everything that genuinely left you confused in the story.)
  Answer:
  Question: What was your favorite part of the book and why? Be as specific as possible, narrowing it down to scene or even moment.
  Answer:
  Question: What was your least favorite part of the book and why? Again, try to be specific as far as you remember.
  Answer: 
  Question: What part of the book did you find the most touching, and why? (Unless, of course, no part at all was touching...but I hope that's not true.)
  Answer:
  Question: What was the most unpredictable plot twist in the book, and why? 
  Answer: 
  Question: What was the most predictable plot point in the book, and why?
  Answer:
  Question: What did you feel like was abandoned in the book? (For example: In the first half it talked about Cricket falling down all the time, and in the second half it stops completely)
  Other Stuff
  Question: What are you most interested to find out about in Evermore, and why?
  Answer:
  Question: What are you least interested to find out about in Evermore, and why?
  Answer:
  Question: What other questions or comments do you have about the book in general that was not covered in a question?
  Answer:
  
  Thanks in advance for filling out this survey. This really is extremely helpful.
  If you are not a club member, but have read Sunset, Oregon and would be so kind as to fill out the survey (please do!), then you can copy and paste the survey into whatever method of communication you want (NaNoMail, or a Word Document, type the answers, then print it off and give it to me, or a Word Document and print it out and hand write the answers) and fill it out. I look forward to reading all of your answers. And just so you know, any questions that you put in the survey or interesting points that you bring up will be addressed by the author: In either a comment, a post, a NaNoMail, or -- if the point or question is a valid one -- in the book itself. Thanks, guys!
  I mean...girls.
  And guys.
  Whatever.
  Hey...deja vu.
-President Fantasy 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I would fill it out, I promise. But I can't since I have not read Sunset, Oregon. Sorry! :(
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, perhaps, read it.
    Just a thought...
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete