Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Here are the surveys, filled out too!

 Here you are Dreamer, President Fantasy and others who like to see surveys filled out...
Question: Who was your favorite character?
Answer: Hm... I have to think on that, because I can't decide between Gordon, maybe Zizzle and Loxen. Okay, it's Gordon, because he is funny, smart and unqiue. He is kind of dim sometimes, but it only adds to his style.
Question: What was not answered?
Answer: I agree with President Fantasy about the voice. That wasn't explained, as well as... I can't remember. I'll write it later if there is something else. Oh, I have it! Remind me if this was already written, but why did the prince need to be saved? I mean, I know that the people need him for some reason, but why?
Question: What could be rewritten in the novel?
Answer: More detail, also like President Fantasy said. The dialogue and the character's personalities also need a little work.
Question: Who was your least favorite character and why?
Answer: Lacy, like President Fantasy (for the 3rd time). She was much some times, and I want her to be less so.
Question: What was your least favorite part of the book?
Answer: The journey itself at points. It needed more detail, and I would maybe like it to have more monsters to fight. And... the beginning a little.
Question: If you were the author, what would you change? Would it be something that is shortened, or making something longer? Or what?
Answer: I don't know just yet. Let me think about it, then maybe I'll remember. Question: Who was your favorite character, and why?
  Answer: Maybe Cricket, or Robert, or Jade... well... Jade is nice, but I don't think so. Cricket may just take place of Robert. But Robert may just take the prize because he changes in the end, and he is truely a good person. Yup, Robert takes the prize.
  Question: Who was your least favorite character, and why? 
  Answer: Falden Jones. I used to like him President Fantasy! Then... URGH!
  Question: What character did you find the most relatable, and why? That is, what character did you find yourself thinking, "Wow, I've felt like that before!" about?
  Answer: I don't know... I have to read it again to be sure.
  Question: What character did you find the most unassuming -- that is, what character just sort of blew over your head, and why?
  Answer: I don't know. Maybe Beetle, because she wasn't as involved as the others. maybe, then agian, maybe not. I shall have to think...
  Question: What other comments or questions do you have about any characters in Sunset, Oregon?
  Answer: I love Jade because of his character, I love Cricket and his personality and Robert... for being Robert. Any questions... hm... well, again, I don't know.
  The Plot
  Question: What confused you, and why do you think it confused you? (This question is very important. Please take the time to write out everything that genuinely left you confused in the story.)
  Answer: The plan overall left me scratching my head, because it is complicated. The overall problem in the story needs to be said out clearly to me, and just... the entire book in general because I can't grasp all of it.
  Question: What was your favorite part of the book and why? Be as specific as possible, narrowing it down to scene or even moment.
  Answer: I love the flashbacks of Robert (especially the one with him as a 4 year old answering questions) because they are sweet and interesting. I like watching him grow up and being loved by Falden (curse him!).
  Question: What was your least favorite part of the book and why? Again, try to be specific as far as you remember.
  Answer: The end, because it wasn't so sweet and loving. It was tense and scary. And especially the part where Cricket stood in front of Robert and... (frown and sad sigh) you know.
  Question: What part of the book did you find the most touching, and why? (Unless, of course, no part at all was touching...but I hope that's not true.)
  Answer: Totally the 4 year old Robert answering the questions. Interesting, cute and awesome!
  Question: What was the most unpredictable plot twist in the book, and why? 
  Answer: The Cricket thing, and the Falden twist.
  Question: What was the most predictable plot point in the book, and why?
  Answer: Maybe Tal going good... I don't know.
  Question: What did you feel like was abandoned in the book? (For example: In the first half it talked about Cricket falling down all the time, and in the second half it stops completely)
  Other Stuff
  Question: What are you most interested to find out about in Evermore, and why?
  Answer: Cricket! And Robert, Jade and the others.
  Question: What are you least interested to find out about in Evermore, and why?
  Answer: Beetle, Decetive McCreary and... the rest.
  Question: What other questions or comments do you have about the book in general that was not covered in a question?
  Answer: I don't know... sorry, I have to reread it.
 That's all I can say. I will add a new survey to my story when I have more time. Hey... Dreamer... I must say a confession. On this post, I went to copy it, so I clicked the edit button. I forgot that I was copying, and... your POST IS GONE! I am so sorry... please can your forgive me. I shall see if I can put it back... I don't know. Oh, now I feel awful! Please forgive me if you can...
-Tiger

3 comments:

  1. You're right...It would be presidenty. I was going to, anyway...But you have reinforced my resolve.
    In other words, sure, Dreamer. I'll fill it out.
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will fill it out, don't worry. How could I not, when the story is so cool? I mean, centuars and bunnies, cats and giant frogs? Pretty cool!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that you changed my post!!! Please tell me if you did because I am really confused. But THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FILLING OUT THE SURVEY!!!
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete