Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year's! Part 2

  Well, technically it's still tomorrow, so I guess I'm on time, right? Right? No? Oh. Well.
  Anyway, let's go back into our 2012 LOTP news!
  (Please excuse me while I go and reread my other post.)
  (Oh, right. That's what I was talking about.)
  A Text to Save the World. Since this is one book that we're all writing together, I think we should treat it like a NaNoWriMo novel. Write it, get the word count in, and be done with it. Don't try to edit it, don't try to produce brilliance. Also, don't worry so much about the plan we have. Don't directly contradict it, but if the story leads you off the path, roll with it. Others will reel it back in for you.
  5. Project-wise, let's review what everybody is currently writing!
  President Fantasy: I am currently supposed to be writing Way Back When, rather, editing it, but I have to edit Sunset, Oregon first so that I can order my free copies. So, I guess you could say I'm working on Sunset, Oregon, doing some stuff for Evermore when I get bored, and after that, I'm going back to Way Back When to finish that up. I might write Evermore as my NaNoWriMo novel this year, and do Rising Waters after I'm done with Way Back When.
  Tiger: She is still finishing up Over the River and Through the Woods. We should have a meeting about that sometime, and discuss possibilities for the story. So far, she still has to finish...So we can cheer her on! Go, Tiger!
  Miss Templado: Still workin' on Show Stopper. Slowly but surely, this lovely horse story is being completed. Way to go, Miss Templado!
  Dreamer: She is editing Pink Clouds and Golden Skies...or at least, is going to sometime soon. Nice job finishing, Dreamer.
  Raistlin: Has written two paragraphs of his untitled story, and has not found it in him to continue as of yet. Come on, Raistlin! We want to read the rest! Miss Templado, would you mind coming over sometime soon and, ah...giving Raistlin a talking-to? It's technically my job, as the president...but somehow I feel you might enjoy the job better than I would.
  Tonks: I really don't know. She's a mystery, that one. But whatever it is...Keep writing it!
  6. In May/June, we will hold the Lords of the Pencil Second Annual Fantastic Writing Contest of Awesomeness! The rules might be different this year. For example, we may allow non-members to enter...and we may have fewer categories. We'll see as we get closer.
  7. This is looking way far ahead, but in November, we have NaNoWriMo again! I know that I'm planning on doing it again. What does everyone else think? I'll probably end up writing Evermore for it. Or maybe a completely different book...I'm not sure yet. I have a while to think about it.
  8. And, of course, in December 2012...we have the Ceiling Fan Christmas Special.
  What can I say?
  See Part 3 for the conclusion of this New Year's post!
-President Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment