Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Monday, June 13, 2011

Another contest entry!!! lol number 2

here is another contest entry! I'm entering this in the "Short Story" catagorie.(If that is how you spell it.)
The Ultra High Score (and Other Things)
By Trinity Klomparens

            We finally got home from church. We all rushed into Grandma Jan's house. Calvin, Caleb, and Christian all immediately ran into the Wii room. I, of course, did not. I looked at what was cooking, and it was steak. Sweet, juicy steak. Suddenly, Grandma Jan called, "Dinner time!"
            Yes! It was steak time! Calvin came running down the hall, sat down at the table, and put three or four pieces of steak onto his plate, and cut a few or more pieces off of them and ate them. Caleb came walking down the hall with Christian at his heels, them both in a world of Minecraft.
            Mom called for Dad.
            "Yes?" he said.
            Mom yelled, "Time for dinner!"
            But Dad wanted to watch MythBusters, so he did not eat dinner.
            While all this was happening, Calvin had tried to sneak another piece of steak onto his plate, but Grandma Jan said, "No! You are having some broccoli."
            Sophie, on the other hand, was placing two or three pieces of steak on her plate. As she was doing this, she was having a deep conversation with Calvin about how old Dumbledore is.
            I was so full I thought I would burst! Grandma Jan took my plate, brought it into the kitchen, and brought it out with a full blob of broccoli.
            "Oh well, I guess. Here it goes!" I wolfed down the broccoli. I burst.(Not literally.)
            After I ate this, Caleb, Christian, and Calvin had already scampered out of the room. I put my plate in the sink and ran.
            I saw that they were playing Wii Party. I asked if I could play, and they said that it's too hard. Caleb was even having some trouble at it.
            "Okay, then have Caleb try again!" I asked.
            "Okay, we will," they told me. They handed Caleb the Wii Remote. He defeated many bad guys, but didn't quite make it to the end. Then Sophie tried. She was having a conversation with Lauren and Samantha (who had just come), so she didn't do so hot either. Calvin tried. He got pretty close, but didn't make it.
            Then we asked if Lauren and Samantha would like to try. Samantha tried; she did not beat it. Lauren tried, and she did not beat the score either! I asked Mom if she would like to try. She rejected. I asked Dad. He wanted to watch MythBusters. I asked Grandpa Denny. He had to go to work. I asked Grandma Jan. She did not want to try the game. So finally, I asked Christian. He got pretty far in the game, but didn't beat the high score. So I had to try.
            I picked up the Wii remote, and pressed the start button. I swung the remote fiercely and pressed A to whack the bad guys on the screen. Soon I wondered when it would stop. Then I heard a ding-a-ling-a-ling! I had beaten the high score!
            "YES!" everyone cheered. Happiness filled the air. Everyone was cheerful. I loved it. I had beaten the high score!
-Dreamer

3 comments:

  1. Wow, was that a real time when we came over? That was really great! I liked it because it seemed so real, and how you were the only one who had beat the game! Please, keep writing!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, there's a lot of entries! More than I THOUGHT there would be...this is awesome. Keep writing, guys. (Or girls. Plus Raistlin. And Buck My Boy.)
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete