Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Message from your Noble Leader

Hello, everyone. I just have a few quick announcements for the LOTP. I hope they're not too boring for you.
1. Episode 39 of the Ceiling Fan is out! To listen to it (and all the other episodes) go to www.ceilingfanpodcast.com. It has a great song in it called "The Letter". In fact, here, take a listen:

(Sorry, I was going to put the lyrics on the screen, but it was too much work. The guy singing is Loren Crisp -- the same Loren Crisp of the "Loren Crisp Dance Moves" -- playing a character named James Carlisle.)
And there you have it. Hope you liked that little slice of Ceiling Fan/Odyssey. The song is actually a love song to Connie Kendall written by Ethan Daniels (but sung by his good friend, James, and all of M'kalister Park, the awesome Ceiling Fan Odyssey tribute band.) This announcement actually had nothing to do with LOTP. Except for that Odyssey is now firmly connected with LOTP, and Ceiling Fan is connected to Odyssey. And maybe this song will inspire you to write a song for the contest or something.
2. The contest deadline is approaching! You have about ten days now. (Which is a long time.) Still, be thinking about those entries. Even Raistlin is going to enter some stuff! If you need a couple extra days, you can have a couple extra days. You know, just be thinking about it.
3. For our major production (the medieval thing) I'm thinking about four main characters: Silver Lining, the narrator. She'll basically tell the story and sing some stuff. I'm hoping to be her because she has a bunch of small parts in the story, and she's a lot like the Cat in the Hat from Seussical. Then there's the princess/damsel in distress, and she's basically a princess with attitude. Also there's the prince (who I'm thinking Tiger for) who is EXTREMELY dramatic, and he's basically your classic medieval hero who falls in love with the princess and goes to save the world. He's fun to play. Then the evil sorcerer, who may or may not be played by Raistlin. Basically, everybody would play other parts. They would just have that MAJOR part. That's what I'm thinking. If you guys object or have better ideas, then comment!
4. We're going to try and have a meeting pretty soon. Tell me what days work. We need to discuss all the goings-on here at the Lords of the Pencil writing club...
5. Raistlin is OFFICIALLY a member now. However, he does have a bit of an initiation. He's joining the team of writers for Against All Odds and writing Chapter 4 after Dreamer writes Chapter 3. He's also entering the contest, so if he makes it past this stuff, then we'll know that he's here to stay. 
6. Let's add a sixth point. There.
All right, so, I hope this was helpful. I hope you enjoyed the song. I hope your days are merry and bright. Don't trust Phil if you meet him on a dark road. Is there anything else that I should say?
Oh yes...
"This is the letter I wrote you..."
-President Fantasy

7 comments:

  1. Yay, Raistlen is entering the contest!!! That's awesome!! And I have already finished a couple of contest entries!!!
    -Dreamer
    (ten is more then you think!!!) muhahahahahahahahahahahahahah lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahah? What is that, some kind of Aztec chant or something? Are you AZTEC? Really, Dreamer, the things you don't tell us!
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dreamer! Are you Aztec? Cool!

    So, President Fantasy, I really like your idea for the big production thing. I also listened to the song, and I have to say that it was pretty awesome. I can't wait to have a meeting soon!
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant about the song being awesome.
    -President Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M NOT AZTEC!!!
    "why you got to be so mean"
    (sob, tears,cry)
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. Don't cry... anyway, why would you be Aztec when the rest of your family is not?
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete