Storyteller’s Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.

That myth is more potent than history.

That dreams are more powerful than facts.

That hope always triumphs over experience.

That laughter is the only cure for grief.

And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Take a Look Around...

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Not-Too-Lengthy Description of A Text to Save the World

Ahem. Here is a not-too-lengthy description of A Text to Save the World.

  It all began with a girl named Simile. As she was growing up, she never really had a home. She was going from foster home to foster home, because no one really wanted her. Thus, she grew up hating the world and everyone in it. (But mostly the foster parents.) She had a plan to save the world, and make everyone respect her. Her plan was to implant a cure to any sickness in the world into a child, because it could only live in a living person. This could only be done once, because she used a mineral in the ground that was purely unique. But the government tested the cure, and found out that it was also a very powerful virus that had no cure. If it was inserted directly into the bloodstream, then it was a virus. And if it was drunk, then it would cure any illness -- or virus. (Including itself. But nobody knows that. Not yet, anyway.)
  So, Simile was kicked out of the government. She vowed revenge, blah, blah, blah.
  Meanwhile, a very special boy was born. His name was Fred. (For lack of a better name.) We'll call him Notch, how about that? He grew up in a very hard place where he could only depend on himself -- otherwise known as Area 51. I'll defer to President Fantasy's backstory of Notch.
Okay. Back to Simile.
  I defer to President Fantasy's explanation of the experiment, EXCEPT for that I think...Yeah, I defer to it. Never mind.
  Okay. Flicker time!!!
  As the book begins, Flicker wins the hearts and minds of the natives, and they dance around him, going, "HO ho ho ho! HO ho ho ho!"
  Or not.
  In very fast summary, Flicker thinks Notch is the bad guy, and he thinks Simile is the good guy, until he learns the truth that Simile is the bad guy and helps Notch defeat Simile. (A note from the typer, aka President Fantasy: I'm going to elaborate on this, guys. A lot.)
  The end.
-Raistlin

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was really detailed. I love it! Great job on your description. Now I better go work on mine...
    -Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok here is my "lengthy" (sorry it is not as lengthy as lengthy as I put it) distcripion of A TEXT TO SAVE THE WORLD:
    I think that Hope should be the real character that is part of the whole plot. Like in Percy Jackson he's not the one to fofill the prophecy at the very end it's luke and I liked that. And so I also think that notch should be trying to protect her from simile because Hope is the only one who can save the world, by bringing Hope. Now I don't actually know how we would find out a reasinable source why Hope would be able to bring hope into the world, so don't ask me. And also I think that Simile is trying to get Hope so that she can kill her only to stop her from saving the world, because Simile has done many things for the world and the world hasn't apriciated that so she thinks that she dosn't oew the world something!
    And that was my lenghty description of A TEXT TO SAVE THE WORLD!!!
    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete